Monday, September 28, 2015

Why a Round 1 SJ Blog??

Hi everyone! This is Ann, the "Round 1 Blogger". I'm making this post to say THANK YOU! You're here probably because you got the link from Facebook, your friends, your music game community or from somewhere and I'm ECSTATIC you're reading this! (although, the coffee is probably helping my excitement). I won't lie to you guys: I am a little nervous about running this blog and what you guys will think of it, but I honestly hope this will be a success!

As many of you may or may not know, I am a graduating senior in Marketing at San Jose State University. One of my class projects is to run a blog that people would be interested in and to be able to utilize what I've learned both in the classroom and in my time at SJSU. I want to branch into digital/social media marketing one day so I'm happy I got this assignment!

But why a Round 1 blog?

I love Round 1. My passion to inform, my passion to update everyone, create material and so on drives me to do this blog. But one particular thing I noticed for both Round 1 in general and for Eastridge's store is the lack of Marketing and Information available to the gaming communities, regulars and casuals at large. Many players get left in the dark about Round 1 and their Amusement facilities and Mechanic maintenance, and the only instances where Round 1 updates its social media is only (in my experience) when a new game is arriving to its stores. Both their Facebook and Twitter are not actively used: my blog plans to remedy that for the driving-game, music-game, and fighting-game communities here at Eastridge Mall, San Jose.

As many of you remember, Round 1's opening date kept being pushed back in late August, early September. While many of you guys were very upset about the changes (which is understandable), many of you guys also were thankful that Round 1 staff was keeping you updated regarding the situation. That is when I truly understood the severity of Round 1 needing a marketing solution and to be able to touch base with its customers and fans. Essentially, it is because of you, the gamers and regulars of Round 1 San Jose, that this blog came to fruition. Without your comments, words and outcries, this blog idea would have never evolved.

With that being said, I encourage you to subscribe, bookmark, and to read this blog while you can! My hope is to be able to update this blog a couple of times a week! I also implore you to shoot an email if you got any questions, concerns or comments regarding the blog! Heck, I would love to get some cool Round 1 stories from you and some pictures for our upcoming "Fanmail Friday!" The email is helloround1blogger@gmail.com

I hope you enjoy The (Unofficial) Round 1 Arcade Hub!

-Ann

1 comment:

  1. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Gaming toronto

    ReplyDelete